HOP! Plan, create and publish your first online course
“HOP! Plan, create and publish your first online course” is a self-paced course is for course authors and facilitators, who would like to develop their first online course on the HOP platform. It introduces the basics of course design and leads you through three steps: planning, creating and publishing.I f you are familiar with organising seminars and trainings, or carrying out youth projects you will see, that creating and implementing an online course follows a similar logic. “HOP! Plan, create and publish your first online course” introduces you to course design, It leads you through three steps to get your course online and support you in planning, creating and publishing your course on the HOP Online Learning platform.
Three steps to get your course online
The idea of this course is to support you in planning, creating and publishing your course on the HOP Online Learning platform. Ideally, at the end of this course, you will have published your course on the HOP platform! To reach this goal, this course will…
- provide a step-by-step guideline to plan, create and publish your course,
- introduce the possibilities of the HOP Online Learning platform, and
- apply quality aspects from Non-formal Learning and International Youth Work to Online Learning.
Course aims and content
Aims of this course
- get to know a step-by-step guideline will help you to learn how to plan, create and publish your online course,
- discover the possibilities of the HOP Online Learning platform and resources it offers to deliver your learning content, and
- be able to reflect on quality aspects of non-formal learning and international youth work in online learning environment.
If you follow through this course, as a final outcome you will have your own course published on the HOP platform, which means, you will have created:
- a course description and an outline of the course,
- a storyboard of activities and
- a course structure built into the HOP platform.
The creation of content and production of graphics, audio or video content is NOT part of this course (this will require much more time).
This course is for course co-ordinators as well as course authors/facilitators with the support from course provider, e.g. National Agencies of Erasmus+ or European Solidarity Corps, SALTO Resource Centers or Organisations, who would like to use the HOP platform within an key action 2 project.
HOP Crash Course
There is an annual blended training course called HOP Crash Course. Find out more about them here: A Smooth Start With Online Learning | HOP Crash Course 2021 Report and HOP! Crash Course – from residential to online.
At one glance
Course author and manager: Michael Kimmig
Course provider: SALTO Eastern Europe and Caucasus
Course duration: self-paced (approx. 3-5 hours / module, five course modules for the course content)
Course language: English
Target group: authors and facilitators of online courses
Requirements: support from course provider (NA’s of Erasmus+ or European Solidarity Corps, SALTO Resource Centers or KA2 and KA3 consortiums)
Learning recognition: Badges
Last course update: 15 December 2021