Youthpass Heart Corps. Guiding the Learning Journey | Online Course
Youthpass Heart Corps is an online course for project organizers, mentors and coaches and other support persons active in the European Solidarity Corps. It helps developing awareness and competences to support learning processes within Solidarity Corps projects.T he European Solidarity Corps is an incredible opportunity for young people to demonstrate solidarity and contribute to their communities. It is also an empowering experience that helps them develop new competences. Youthpass supports young people in becoming more aware of their learning and document the learning outcomes they acquire during their project.
In order to make the most of this opportunity, young people might benefit from some support from their mentors, coaches, project organisers. And mentors, coaches, project organisers might need some guidance on how to make use of Youthpass, tool!
If you are in charge of supporting young people in their learning person, at the end of this course you will understand how the learning journey of a participant in a European Solidarity Corps project unfolds and how the Youthpass can be implemented along the way. You will develop the competences needed for supporting the participants, through self-assessment and reflection.
The Youthpass Heart Corps online course
What are the aims of this course?
The course aims to empower and equip support persons active in the European Solidarity Corps – such as mentors, coaches, youth workers and others – with the information and competences they need to implement the Youthpass process.
Specifically, it aims to
- reflect on the learning value of the European Solidarity Corps projects;
- introduce the Youthpass process and how it fits in with the various actions of the European Solidarity Corps programme;
- discuss how to support reflection on learning in European Solidarity Corps projects;
- reflect on the competences needed for supporting learning through self-assessment and reflection;
- offer support for expressing one’s learning outcomes from such projects in words.
Who is this course for?
The Youthpass Heart Corps online course is made for project organisers and support persons within the European Solidarity Corps programme. This includes mentors, coaches, tutors, youth workers as well as young people carrying out a Solidarity Project as well as everyone who is interested in supporting learning processes is welcome to join and explore the resources available.
The course contains the following nine modules:
- Getting Started… Overview and Introduction to the Course
- European Solidarity Corps as a Learning Experience
- Youthpass and the European Solidarity Corps
- The landscape: Who is Involved in Supporting Learning and Youthpass
- Getting Started with Supporting Learning
- Keeping Track of Learning
- Writing it Down! Supporting Learners in Writing Their Self-assessment
- Getting it Done: How to use the Youthpass Website
- Summing-up and Looking Ahead
What’s the character of this course?
Each module is structured into several chapters offering different content. Participants learn through videos, texts, practical exercises and reflections.
The course is self-paced. Participants may go through the modules and chapters on their own pace. Each module will require 2-3 hours to complete the activities.
Who is behind this course?
Youthpass <3 Coprs is provided by SALTO Training & Cooperation Resource Centre, in cooperation with JUGEND für Europa (National Agency – Germany), Anefore (National Agency – Luxembourg) and Agência Nacional para a gestão do programa Juventude em Acção (National Agency – Portugal)
At one glance…
Course authors/facilitators: Anita Silva, Michael Kimmig
Course providers: SALTO Training & Cooperation Resource Centre, in cooperation with JUGEND für Europa (National Agency – Germany), Anefore (National Agency – Luxembourg) and Agência Nacional para a gestão do programa Juventude em Acção (National Agency – Portugal)
Course duration: self-paced (approx. 2-3 hours / module, nine course modules)
Course language: English
Target group: Project organisers and facilitators of learning in the European Solidarity Corps programme including youth workers, mentors, coaches and trainers as well as young people carrying out Solidarity projects
Learning recognition: Youthpass Certificate